Merry Christmas One and All

18 December 2012

Over the last few months I have been busy making decorations for my school Christmas fair, as well as for family and friends. The robins and puddings were an absolute winner and the fair was a great success!
 I'd also planned a family Christmas get together at my place, entertaining fourteen guests, eating a truck load of food and getting into the festive mood.
 In November, my mother, daughter and I were featured in the December issue of Company magazine, which was pretty cool! We had such a lovely time at the studio, getting made up and being shot by a hot photographer. It was really lovely when a stranger stopped my daughter and I, at the car boot sale, to tell us how much she had loved the feature.
 I even had my face in issue 3 of The Simple Things magazine. 
The feature was on my daughter and her love of tea, but they wanted my face too.
 It would've been rude to say no! The magazine is a very interesting read, from cover to cover, filled with lots of interesting articles on 'making, upcycling, growing, cooking, entertaining, escaping and relaxing', with beautiful  photography.
My daughter also landed a modelling job for Miss Selfridge, which was pretty amazing. 
You can see more pictures here. I am a very proud Mama!
I now spend most of my time on my Barri-Jayne Makes facebook page, where I post a little more regularly. Do pop over and take a look.
I've been drying lots of orange slices to decorate my home, creating garlands, centerpieces and also pinning them onto candles using dressmakers pins. I'm really looking forward to the Christmas holidays. 
Three more working days then two weeks of chillaxing!

 Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2013.

Love Barrina xx

5 comments

  1. Wishing both you and Jazmine a magical Christmas time! The features are all so wonderful- you should be very proud, they would look lovely framed too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. I saw the article in the Company magazine and remember thinking what a gorgeous photo, you look so young! Have a fabulous Christmas x

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, you are a celeb! well done on the magazine spread, I bet it was great fun!
    to you and your family a very
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those decorations are so cute! Also loved the feature in Company you were in too! :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Barri-Jayne Makes. Design by FCD.