Gluten Free Apricot Jam Tarts

25 July 2011


I've found a gluten free pastry which actually taste quite nice. No, I didn't make it myself, I found it in the freezer in Sainsbury's for two pounds fifty. I was a bit dubious about buying it at first, but thought I'd give it a try and was actually surprised that the pastry tasted good. It was also very easy to use and comes in 2x200g pieces, enough for 24 tarts in total. I'll definitely use this again. Think I'll make a chicken pie next time.

Apricots were picked from Grandma's Garden. and there was enough to make about six jars of jam. She makes jam using only the fruit and sugar, and it always taste real good. I can't wait for her plums to ripen, they make the best jam ever, especially when the skins are left on. I'll have to teach myself to make jam using her method, because her way of making jam is so easy and ten times better than any shop bought.
 The joys of working in a school are the long summer holidays. 
I'm off now for six weeks, so lets hope we get a bit of summer weather.

**Giveaway**
There is a great Victoria & Albert Membership Giveaway over on my daughter's blog. All you have to do is follow her blog, write a little comment mentioning your favourite museum or exhibition and leave your email address. 
A winner will be randomly selected on the 7th of August. Good Luck!
Have a great week!

3 comments

  1. Enjoy your hols :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so delicious - I have a friend who cannot tolerate gluten and she is an amazing cook!

    Enjoy your hols xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Barri-Jayne Makes. Design by FCD.